Last week, Gov. Cuomo announced the following appointments to his administration:
- Jamie Rubin to serve as Commissioner of Homes and Community Renewal;
- Byron Brown, Mayor of Buffalo, to the State University of New York Board of Trustees;
- Sam Roberts, a central New York Assemblymember, to serve as Commissioner of the state’s Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (this position requires Senate confirmation);
- Steve Cohen, former Secretary to the Governor, to serve as Commissioner of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey;
- Otis Cruse to serve on the State Board of Parole; and
- Peter Harckham, a Westchester County Legislator, to serve as Assistant Director of the Office of Community Renewal at the Office of Homes and Community Renewal.
Also, Ben Lawsky, who has led state’s Department of Financial Services since it was created in 2011, said that he will resign his position in June.