Last week, Unshackle Upstate released our 2015 policy agenda, which calls for the state to make the 2-percent property tax cap permanent, to create an infrastructure bank to support road, bridge, water and sewer system investments; and helping to grow our economic connections with Quebec and Ontario; among other measures to improve the state’s economy.
Our 2015 priorities include:
- making the real property tax cap permanent;
- investing in the state’s aging infrastructure;
- expanding and extending the state’s Design-Build program;
- extending and expanding the Brownfield Cleanup Program; and
- continuing the state’s focus on Upstate economic development.
In addition, we will continue to press for broad-based tax relief and regulatory reform, among other measures that will help grow the Upstate economy.