The budget includes $220 million to be distributed during a fourth cycle of Regional Economic Development Council awards and several other significant economic development allocations to industries and communities important to the economic future of Upstate:
- $680 million in new capital appropriations for Governor Cuomo’s “Buffalo Billion” Program;
- $180 million for Utica Nano;
- $50 million for SUNY Nanoscale College;
- $40 million to repair potholes;
- $32 million in economic development aid to assist communities affected by the planned closure of four Upstate correctional facilities;
- $30 million for the economic revitalization of Onondaga Lake near Syracuse and its surrounding communities.